Penn State Rosemary Rugby Dip
A favorite at Penn State Rugby game tailgates, published here for the first time.
Write a review
- 1 LB Philadelphia Brand* Cream Cheese (2 bricks)
- 8 oz feta cheese (flavored can be used, like Mediterranean)
- 2 T honey
- Ground pepper to taste, about 1/2 tsp works well
- 2 T or more chopped, fresh** rosemary, about two sprigs (rosemary is a tough herb to chop, scissors work well to finely mince)
- 1 jar pineapple preserves
- In a mixer combine the cream cheese and feta cheese. Add honey, pepper and chopped rosemary, mix well.
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap and press mixture in to fill. Cover with tails of plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours or more.
- Unmold mixture onto a plate, then pour pineapple preserves over the top. A butter knife or other type of cheese knife helps your guests spread it onto crackers.
- * You can use generic cream cheese, but Philadelphians know there's no substitute for the real thing.
- ** dried rosemary doesn't work very well in this recipe, it needs fresh.
PSAA For All http://psaaforall.org/